- This event has passed.
Learn to Lead Scrambling Course – Lake District (1 place available)
March 30 @ 9:00 am - March 31 @ 5:00 pm£225
Who is the course for?
This course is for those with prior experience of scrambling on Grade 2 and Grade 3 routes who wish to lead their own partners on such routes. It is also a suitable course for those preparing for a first Alpine season.
What does the course cover?
- Personal movement on Grade 2 and Grade 3 scrambles
- Managing the rope
- Placing protection
- Belays – both direct and indirect
- Moving together
- Retreating from a route (e.g. by abseil)
- Judgement and decision-making
What equipment is included?
As an experienced mountaineer you are likely to have all your own equipment, including all clothing and a harness and helmet. However, we can provide a harness and helmet if necessary. You are also likely to posses some of your own climbing equipment and we encourage you to bring and use it.
- Provide ropes and all technical climbing hardware.
- Discuss an appropriate kit list when you book.