- This event has passed.
Mountain Navigation Course (‘Open Course’)
8th October 2022 @ 9:30 am - 9th October 2022 @ 5:00 pm£100
This is a two-day course which will be held in the Lake District. The aim is to help you to become comfortable navigating your way around the UK mountains, in all weather conditions, including when paths are not obvious or even present at all.
It’s perfect for those who want to:
- Understand the limitations of using their smartphone alone.
- Understand what types of maps (either paper or on GPS) are suitable for use in the UK mountains.
- Learn how to use a map/compass for the first time, either as a back-up or main means of navigating.
- Improve their basic map-reading and navigation skills, and along with that their confidence.
The ‘building blocks’. Mountain navigation is built on just a handful of ‘building’ blocks, and on Day 1 we look at those in detail, individually.
A ‘mountain journey’. We will go on a walk through some tricky navigational terrain which will give you the opportunity to choose the right techniques and put them into practice in a realistic context.
Price: £100 per person for 2 days, based on 4 people attending.
- 8th October 2022 @ 9:30 am
- 9th October 2022 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Navigation, Summer